Here are a few thoughts
about some common nutrition questions.
How do we determine what diets are the best for us?
Fad-Proof Nutrition Part 1: (from Lifestylefacts.org)
Fad-Proof Nutrition Part 2: (from Lifestylefacts.org)
Why are some popular diets not so great?
KetoFacts: a series of videos about ketogenic diets
(from Dr Gregor’s NutritionFacts.org.)
- Is Keto an Effective Cancer Fighting Diet? ( The clinical use of ketogenic diets for epilepsy and cancer: what does the science say?)
- Keto Diet Theory Put to the Test (Do low-carb and ketogenic diets have a metabolic advantage for weight loss?)
- Keto Diet Results for Weight Loss (Ketogenic diets and the $33-billion diet gimmick.)
- Is Weight Loss on Ketosis Sustainable? ( Might the appetite-suppressing effects of ketosis improve dietary compliance?)
- Are Keto Diets Safe? ( The effects of ketogenic diets on nutrient sufficiency, gut flora, and heart disease risk.)
- Keto Diets: Muscle Growth & Bone Density (Ketogenic diets found to undermine exercise efforts and lead to muscle shrinkage and bone loss.)
- Does a Ketogenic Diet Help Diabetes or Make It Worse? ( Keto diets put to the test for diabetes reversal.)
What’s good about some diets?
What is the best diet according to the best available evidence?
- How much protein do we really need?
- Do vegetarians and vegans get enough protein? (and fiber?)
- Which type of protein is better for our kidneys?
- How does animal protein effect our hormones?
- How is eating animal protein similar to smoking cigarettes?
- What are the effects of eating meat in pregnancy?
- How do cholesterol levels of pregnant mothers effect their babies?
- Should women eat fish during (or before) pregnancy?
- Can Alcohol Cause Cancer?
- Is It Better to Drink a Little or None at All?
- Do Any Benefits of Alcohol Outweigh the Risks?
Click to get back to the More Thoughts page.